Friday 24 February 2012

Butter Bean Hummus with Lemon and Basil

Oh I was just eating this with a spoon, t'was delicious.

Light, zingy and fresh.  Something to eat to distract yourself from the weather.  It reminds me of picnics.  I love picnics. I love the idea of a bunch of small cold dishes, some cheese, some salad, some hummus, some good bread.  Some olives, marinated tomatoes, fresh fruits. Altogether in a pretty little basket on the grass under the sun.  Light breeze, birds chirping, no insects, with some friends, some music playing magically in the background.  Oh I dream.



Ingredients
200g butter beans
zest and juice of 1 lemon
half a cup torn basil leaves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Method
Whizz everything up in the food processor and adjust the amount of olive oil added to your own preference.  Season generously :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner