Monday 21 January 2013

Raw Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bites

Another old recipe.  And by old I mean I made it like a couple of months ago.  Thank goodness I have these as reserves.  I haven't been making anything interesting lately.  I'm currently trying to cook on a budget -- only £30 this week.  It's surprisingly difficult..... I know lots of people that do it for even less, but if you're cooking for ONE it's hard.  And I like to try different things so I can update Happy Belly with interesting things.. I can't just buy a whole lot of meat and use it for the week... I can't just buy a whole chicken and....or can I...?  Actually. I might.  Maybe next week, but that's a great idea.  That's an excellent idea. I'm going to get a chicken, cut it up and use it up in a week.  My Chicken Challenge.  Watch out, guys. 

Like I said, I'm currently on my £30-week challenge.  I started it yesterday and by today I've spent £9 but that includes onions and eggs and milk that will last me for the whole week.  Hopefully. 

I'm a student -- I can do this, I should do this, I will do this. 

So about this recipe, actually.  Remember my other raw recipes like my brownies and my carrot bites?  This is very similar, you just put everything in a food processor.  Though my favorite I think are still my carrot bites.  Mmmmm. 


Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Ingredients
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mixed dried fruit
salt to taste
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)

Method
Put everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Roll into balls, flatten, press with fork, and refrigerate for at least an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner