Tuesday 21 May 2013

Oven-Puffed Pancakes

I'm done with exams, I'm done with exams! Man I'm behind on Happy Belly! No worries, I'll update twice a day if I have to. Yay I'm done! And today's such a lovely day..although just as I speak the sun went away.....but I'm off to a wine and meat session on the beach soon. So here's a short little post on oven puffed pancakes.

So yes, another addition to my pancake collection.  It's almost like making a yorkshire pudding -- you heat up the pan with oil until it's piping hot, then you put in the batter and woof it rises!

Hopefully yours will rise in a more uniform manner than mine.  Mine looks like an ill child.  Poor pancake. 



serves 1-2
Ingredients
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup milk
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp melted coconut oil

Method
Preheat the oven to 215C.  Put the coconut oil in a small cast iron pan and put that in the oven to heat up.

Whisk the eggs and the milk together in a bowl. 

In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then mix in the egg and milk mixture. 

When the oven is heated, take the cast iron pan out (not with your bare hands, don't be stupid like me).  Pour the pancake batter in and put that in the oven.  Let that bake for about 10-15 minutes until it's puffed up :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner