Monday 28 October 2013

Goat's Cheese and EVO Oil Pumpkin Butter Crostini

AND IT'S HAPPY BELLY'S 2-YEAR BIRTHDAY! 

If it was a child it'd be able to talk! 2 years! I don't know much about children and development, so I don't know what other things 2-year olds begin to do, but they talk around that age right?  Although I started talking really late, like at 3...

Anyway.

Unfortunately there's no cake.  I meant to have a birthday party but I'm too busy... However, fear not, I'm planning on a belated birthday party with a fancy cake. 

There is no cake, but last night, well, a couple of hours ago, I had a dinner and I made several crostinis, one of which was this, goat's cheese and EVO oil pumpkin seed butter crostini -- and what better birthday post than something with my own nut butters.  Also, photo credits to my friend, Renata.  That is why the photos are better this time.  I never know how to take photos in the evening, I'm bad enough during the day with natural light, and at night I don't even know how to photoshop it better.  So thank you, Renata.  And on a side note she makes incredibly lasagna, which preceded by these crostini at this dinner.  

I still remember when I started Happy Belly -- the day before my microeconomics test that I failed.  Good memories. 

I hope all of you enjoyed Happy Belly as much as I have in the past two years.  People ask me how I keep up with blogging almost every other day -- it's because I love it.  I love cooking and talking about food and I love making bellies happy. 

Ingredients
Pumpkin seeds
Brown sugar
Extra-virgin olive oil
Cheese
bread

Method
Put the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and whiz until it starts forming little clumps.  Then drizzle in as much olive oil as you want, until it reaches your desired consistency.  Add a bit of brown sugar, salt.  Spread on bread and put a bit of coat's cheese on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner