Saturday 5 October 2013

Soaked Oatmeal with Lemongrass and Ginger

The biggest challenges I faced on the first day of my raw challenge were constant hunger and constant jaw pain.  There was a lot of chewing -- carrots, celery sticks, brussels sprouts.  Yes, I was eating raw brussels sprouts, I don't see what's wrong with it.  Most people grimace in disgust when I tell them this. 
Day 2, I'm not so hungry anymore but I'm feeling nauseous.  I rarely have stomach problems and I can tell you with shameless certainty that I'm definitely not pregnant.  But yes, nausea and dizziness.  I think I shouldn't have made such a sudden transition to 100% raw food.  The night before I was eating venison wellington -- venison loin wrapped in mustard, sauteed mushrooms, prociutto, and then all encased in puff pastry, served alongside with a brandy cream sauce.  Quite a jump there, and I think my body's confused and upset. 


Breakfasts have been alright, I've just been eating soaked oatmeal.  Today I had soaked oatmeal with orange zest and cacao nibs.  This is with lemongrass and ginger.

Serves 1
Ingredients
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup water
2cm lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
ginger
1 tbsp raisins
Agave nectar

Method
Mix the oatmeal with the water, then add the chopped lemongrass, a grating of fresh ginger, raisins and a bit of agave nectar.   Cover and leave over night.  Eat as it is in the morning.  If you're not doing a stupid raw challenge and it's cold, heat it up in the microwave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner