Monday 18 November 2013

Brussel Sprouts with Everything Nice

I was thinking about chefs that work in high-end Michelin-starred restaurants.  I was thinking about the pressure and the stress of all the precision and accuracy...  Every plate has to look identical and perfect.  As a customer, I think the food that comes out of those kitchens taste fantastic, but I don't know if I'd like to work as that kind of a chef.  Just look at what I'm doing here.  I went to the supermarket with a friend and I offered to cook her dinner.  She came to mine, I looked at what I had and I just made this.  It's the kind of cooking I love.  Look at the recipe, look at how imprecise this is (I'm sorry).  I don't remember how much tahini I put in there, it could've been half a tbsp it could've been 1tbsp.  Taste and adjust as you go. 
But it's made with love and passion and creativity and everything I believe cooking should be about.

You can toss it with some pasta or grains, or serve on top of bread.


Ingredients
4 small shallots,  thinly sliced
500g brussel sprouts, quartered then thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp tahini
2 sprigs thyme
juice of 1/2 lemon
Parmesan

Method
Heat some olive oil in a pan and when hot add the shallots.  Fry until softened but not browned.  Stir in the brussel sprouts and thyme.  Let cook, adding water if it becomes dry.  Then stir in the tahini, lemon juice, parmesan and some salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner