Thursday 8 January 2015

Parmesan Oatcakes

I hate dating.  I honestly just need a boyfriend to split rent with.  And to watch a movie with on weeknights.  But mainly the former.  I have an incredible immune system and I managed to avoid the flu all winter -- that was until my date two days ago.  A two-hour date that was so dry that halfway through my body went on auto-shutdown and I just started getting all these flu symptoms.  My throat was getting sore, my chest was stuffy, my head was hurting -- that's how bad the date was. 

But it's okay, with the help of some meds, I managed to pull through after two days.  I don't know how I keep ending up on these mind-numbingly numb dates.
 Life's too short for this.  See, I had meant to make these oatcakes that evening but it dragged on and I got ill.  I don't want to go on dates anymore, I just want to stay home and cook in my free time.  I made these oatcakes when I felt better and devoured them right away.  I brought back a big block of parmesan from Italy and put it to good use.  Experiment with different hard cheeses if you want. 
Recipe adapted from BBC GoodFood
Ingredients
60 g whole wheat flour
100 g medium cut oats
125 g rolled oats
15 g Parmesan, grated
1/2 tsp baking soda
60 g extra virgin olive oil
60-80 ml boiling water

Method
Preheat the oven to 190C

Mix the flour, oats, Parmesan and baking soda together.  Then add the olive oil and mix well.

Finally add the boiling water, bit my bit, just enough so that it comes together as a rough dough.   Roll it out on a floured surface to about 5mm thick and cut out squares or desired shapes.  Place on greased and lined tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner